Monday, February 07, 2005

Pam Got Me - Here's the Goods

In case you were wondering...
1. What is the total amount of music files on your computer?
Well... It's a lot. Just under 7GB of music in MP3 format (copied from my CD's mostly) and then another 8GB of live shows downloaded (legally) from FurtherNet. Yes. My Computer is really just an overpriced Jukebox. It has more music files than anything else! I am a software developer and I listen to music on my MP3 player to drown out the keyboard tapping noises of the people around me.

2. What was the last CD you bought?
We All Do - Adam Panic. One of Phoenix's up and coming musicians. They sometimes play the title song on 103.9 The Edge. Before that, I think it was Alive - Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

3. What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?
I'm not sure(?) I was in the car, listening to KJZZ and they were playing some acoustic Jazz and I didn't recognize the song.

4. List 5 songs that you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.
This is really hard... I don't think I could possibly limit it to 5. Sorry to be a copycat, Pam, but I've got to break it down....

Songs on my MP3 player that I'm digging:
Young Urban - Ambulance LTD (It's real mellow and loungy sounding. It nice atmospheric background music.)
Believe - Lenny Kravitz (a song of empowerment)
Wrong Side - Angela McCluskey (bought Her CD on a whim while at Zia one day. Sassy Folk Music.)
Danger!High Voltage - Electric Six (this song makes me laugh)
Bottle Let Me Down - Emmylou Harris (A real 'honkey-tonk' song about not being able to drink someone off your mind. And no one can sing like Emmylou. She's awesome.)
Follow Through - Gavin DeGraw (Just a really good upbeat pop tune. In fact, a lot of songs on Gavin's album are really catchy.)
Big Me - Foo Fighters (There is almost always at least one Foo Fighter song in the mix. Always seems to fit my mood)
Could You Be Loved - Bob Marley (Good Stuff. )
Scream - Ima Robot (Punk Rock + New Wave + B-movie sound effects = Fun Dance Music)

Songs from High School
Save it For Later - The English Beat
Tainted Love - Soft Cell
Love Cats - The Cure
This Charming Man - The Smiths
Song For a Future Generation - The B-52's

Songs From College
Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order
Beds Are Burning - Midnight Oil
Mayor of Simpleton - XTC
Kiss Off - Violent Femmes
Sweet Child o Mine - Guns N Roses

Great Broken Heart Songs
Love Removal Machine - The Cult
Song for the Dumped - Ben Folds Five ('Give me my money back, you b**ch. And don't forget to give me back my black t-shirt'. I don't know why I find this lyric so funny, but I do.)
Comfortable - John Mayer
Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley
You Oughta Know - Alanis Morrisette

People with Guitars and Voices like Butter
John Mayer - Makes me melt every time
Brian Setzer - The cat can swing
Kenny Wayne Shepherd - This guy can play the blues. Saw him live and he played with so much passion I was practically moved to tears
Jack White (White Stripes) - His voice is not so much like butter, but his guitar playing and song arrangements are completely fascinating
Elvis Costello - Again, maybe the voice isn't so smooth, but I am a big fan
Chrissy Hynde (& The Pretenders)
Aimee Mann - Great songwriter
Tori Amos - She's fascinating
Patty Griffin - Another great songwriter

Great Soul Songs
Midnight Train to Georgia - Gladys Knight & the Pips
Inner City Blues - Marvin Gaye
I Never Loved a Man (The Way That I Love You) - Aretha Franklin
Uptight (Everything is Alright) - Stevie Wonder
Dance to the Music - Sly and the Family Stone

5 Great Disco Songs (I know what your thinking - there's no such thing, right? C'mon admit that these songs make you want to dance! )
Night Fever - Bee Gees
I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
That's the Way - KC and the Sunshine Band
... I thought I would be able to think of 5 but I'm drawing a blank...

Probably way more information than you wanted to read, but this is a topic that I could talk about endlessly.

5. Which two get tagged next and why? Is there anyone left to tag? I think I'm going to put an end to this madness!




Posted by Mel at 6:54 PM

|