Wednesday, June 29, 2005

FO Sighting

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Frank is modelling a childrens scarf. It's a basic 4 x 4 ribbed scarf and I made a little hat to go with it. I didn't get a picture of the hat, but I will admit that I just improvised a pattern based on other hat's I've made and it turned out a little bit more cone-ey than I intended. Pam put a pom-pom on it to reduce the cone-ey shape and made it look much better. This set is going to be travelling over to Mozambique next week to warm the neck and ears of a little one over there.

I got to meet Kelli last night. She is the one carrying all the scarves and hats to Mozambique. It's so wonderful of her to take all the creations with her. I was looking at her blog tonight. The children at the orphanage are darling. I think I would have a hard time leaving without wanting to take one of those kids with me.

I also received delivery of my contest winnings from the Luscious Gracious clan. I received
this and
this. Thanks again for the lovely prizes, you guys! I am contemplating which luscious wall will be graced with these prizes. I have a few ideas. And I may purchase another piece to go along with it all.

I've made good progress on the felted hat. Just have to figure out if a can just felt a brim onto it and have it be sturdy enough to support it's own weight. Otherwise, I will need to knit something over mesh, maybe. The swatch I felted seemed pretty sturdy, so I think I'll just go for it.

And the blanket... it's still in progress. Only 2 1/2 more iterations of the pattern and a border. I can almost see the light at the end of the project!

If you have a fast internet connection, and you love the Clapotis (and who doesn't?) you should check out the latest version of KnitCast. It's an interview with Kate Gilbert, the designer! And while your there, you can also check out her interview with the Yarn Harlot.

Posted by Mel at 10:46 AM

|