Reading is Fun-da-Mental
Eva tagged me to explain my reading habits. It ain't pretty, but here goes...

1. Total number of books I own? An accurate number would be hard to gauge. My books are still mixed in with the ex's and he has thousands! I bet I'm in the 100 - 200 book range, especially if you count my cooking and guitar chord books.
2. The last book I bought? Food Addiction, by Kay Sheppard
3. The last book I read? Do you mean all the way through? I have a bad habit of starting books and not finishing them very quickly. The last book I actually finished was "Everything is Illuminated" by Jonathan Safran Foer.
4. Five books that mean a lot to me?
Stitch-N-Bitch by Debbie Stoller - I wouldn't be sharing this post with you today if it weren't for this book. I can safely say it changed my entire life. I could write a book about how much my life has changed since I first read it.
Heart of the Matter by Graham Greene - The first book I read that could be definied as 'real' literature (I think it was on the suggested reading list for college prep students when I was in high school, which is how it came to my attention). It's a 'yardstick' book for me. I go back and read it every once in a while to see how life experience has changed the way I read it.
Four to Score by Janet Evanovich - Number 4 in a 10 book (maybe 11 by now...) series of Stephanie Plum mystery novels. Very funny series of books. Entertaining and hilarious as all get-out. I like #4 because it is one of the funniest I've read so far.
Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer - I'm not just including it because it's the last one that I read. I really thought the story was told in an interesting way and I can read this book over and over to see lots of different little details in it.
The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield - I think about this book a lot because of a couple of things. Coincidence is always an opportunity to learn or experience something, and every interaction you have with someone yields some sort of information or detail that you will most likely need at some point.
5. Tag five people and have them fill this out in their blogs. Illanna, who shares my love for Jonathan Safran Foer, and the Luscious Gracious clan. Yep, all 4 of em.
Posted by Mel at 3:13 PM
