Monday, May 30, 2005

That Ear-y Feeling

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It is so close to being done. Just needs eyes and a nose! Thanks for all the compliments! In response to Illanna's question - I am really enjoying this pattern. I found a few things that weren't quite right with the way the pattern is written, but they were pretty obvious things and I was able to correct or figure out what needed to be done. If anyone is interested, I'll post the things I found when I post the finished bear picture. Overall, I'm really happy with it and it's the most exciting project I've worked on so far. I believe I will make another one and give it away to charity. The comment on the bear needing a bra and fishnet's is really funny considering that I have decided to give the bear a name. I don't want to reveal the it yet, but when I do it will make that comment seem even more funny. (Think Rocky Horror Picture Show...)

As for Kiki's question... Yes, the face-less bear and I will be hanging out at Cupz on Tuesday. I may even put the finishing touches on it while I'm there. And it is an extremely huggable stuffed animal! So if anyone else was on the fence about whether to make the trip out to Gilbert, maybe this will put you over the edge (?). C'mon out and give the bear a squeeze.


In other news I'm looking to buy a couch. I've got it narrowed down to a few choices. I went to Ikea to check out their selection, because my sister bought a couch several years ago and she tends to be more selective than me. I couldn't believe how crowded that place still is after being open for 7 months. I couldn't deal with it. My cousin's husband found this song on GarageBand.com about Ikea. It's really funny! I was thinking about it as I dodged people inside and outside of Ikea, trying to quickly get to the Sofa section.

Posted by Mel at 11:30 PM

|