New Additions
Theres a new little mouth to feed around here.


Murphy belonged to Kim, who has relocated to China for the next year or two. I can't tell you how fortunate I am that she asked me to take Murphy. He is a kind and well-behaved dog. He's also teaching me to keep my kitchen clean (if you know what I mean). We go for lots of walks and I like having a walking buddy.
This little guy is the recipient of the blanket and felted dog slippers I was working on a while back.
As fate would have it, this baby was born 23 in long. Hoo-fah, that's a big baby! I think my concern that those slippers wouldn't fit until he was older have been put aside. I guess his feet are already with length of the palm of my Sister's hand. Maybe I'm biased, but I think he's precious. And he's already making faces when his parents kiss him.On the knitting front...


It's Jazz's Surprise! She said that it is 'Fucking Awesome', and that makes me feel good! I made the pattern up, and it is fairly simple, except that I reinforced the handles with heavy gauge floral wire and used some plastic cross-stitch canvas to help the bag keep it's "roll" shape. If anyone is interested, I'll tell you the basics. Since I used a unique yarn from the Farmers Market, I couldn't begin to figure out gauge on any other yarn. It was a lot of fun to make and I tried to make it with Jazz in mind, because she is one cool chickadee.
And doesn't Frank look smashing in the Kent hat? Frank is ready for the cool weather now. Pretty soon it will be 80 degrees and we will need to wear hats to keep warm.

I'm much farther along on Cyd now. But here it is last week, before I finished the front. I'm now getting ready to seam the shoulders and add a neck border...

Soon I will cast on for a pair of felted slippers made from Harrisville Designs Orchid Line. I've also got some basic scarfs in the works, made from Southwest Trading Co's Optimum yarn. It is really soft. I'm planning on giving these away as gifts, but I may have to make an extra. Or put a hole in it somewhere so I can keep it. (Just like when you make cookies and eat the 'Broken' ones...)
Posted by Mel at 10:39 PM
