As Promised...
The new flooring is a work in progress but I think it looks done enough to shows pictures.
My dapper tuxedo model strikes a nice contrast to the new floor, don't you think?
Here's the Before...
And the After.. I'm so pleased with the way it changed the room. I owe a lot of thanks to my girlfriends that came over to lend a hand. I could not have done it without them. Please don't mind that big mess of stuff in the foreground (that's part of the 'almost' done statement above). I've been knitting too.

This is the Brainwash bag, made from Peace Fleece. I recommend this yarn for felting. I double-stranded it and got a nice sturdy bag. It's a little scratchy to the touch, though. And I blame the bags hypnotic pattern for the fact that I have become such an airhead lately. Or perhaps I have just inhaled to many fibers lately.
I had some Peace Fleece left over so I decided to incorporate it into my Churro Wool project. I bought a few hanks of this wool because of its interesting back-story from Lisa Takata at the Phoenix Farmers Market and while it is gorgeous, it is just not practical for me to make a garment out of it and I just knew it needed to be made into something special. In honor of the storytelling tradition that I associate with the Navajo, I decided that whatever I make should have some story to tell of it's own. Here is the work in progress.
It's knit in a log cabin style technique. I'll save the stories for the finished product, which will likely be felted. Beyond that, how big it is when I run out of yarn will determine what it becomes. Yeah, I like to live on that spontaneous edge of creation that lets me decide what to do next at the last possible moment. Some call it procrastination but I think "spontaneous edge" sounds so much more appealing, don't you?
Next time, (maybe tomorrow...) I'll share some of the other exciting goings-on around here. I have maybe some more knitting FOs to show as well. Don't want to spill a month's (or two) worth of news on you all at once.
Posted by Mel at 7:17 PM
