Monday, August 14, 2006

Summer Flying Past

Is August half over already? Where does the time go? It's been a busy month full of different activities. I'll shoot for the digest version here.

1. I won photo caption contest on Thia's blog. Check out the boo-tay:

Patterns and yarn and needles, oh my! And don't forget the cell phone and sunglasses cozies handmade by Thia. Plus a knitting magazine and "Knitticisms".

Check out my favorite page:

Nuff said. Thank you Thia for all the great prizes!

2. I have some FO's to prove that I have been knitting. This is Blossom from the Jan '06 issue of MagKnits.

In place of the suggested wool from New Zealand, I used 2nd Time Cotton which is made from recycled cotton. Here it is being modeled by Frank:
He's a little larger than the average baby girl, but you get the idea...

I think Yarn Harlot is right about newborns waiting to arrive until you've finished the gifts you've made for them. Lucky for Jazz, I finished early and so her baby arrived a few days early. I think this dress will look better on her than it does on Frank. But at 6 lb 10.5 oz, it might be a year before it fits. Little Miss Luna was born Saturday morning and is so precious. It was so nice to hold a little baby. She was all new and sleepy and her mouth was tinier than I remember a newborn mouth to be. Congratulations Jazz!

3. I have somehow developed the bad 'Car-ma'. Last Monday while driving to work, my windshield met a very large rock that left a very large dent in my windshield. Then this morning, the bottom side of my car met someones carboard box full of God-knows-what. Fortunately, as far as I can tell, it left behind no souvenirs. And is it just me or is anyone else experiencing that invisible car feeling on the highway? I have lost count on how many times I have been cut off lately. I thought red cars stood out...

4. I also finished a machine quilted changing pad, but forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it to Jazz. It was a pink fabric with little bumble bees all over it and it had a blue binding with white daisy's on it.

5. On the homefront, I have developed a Project Runway addiction. So sad that Bradley is out, but I know it was meant to be. I will miss his cute little witticisms.

6. The other new project around the home is laminate flooring. I am prepping my concrete floor and it's been an adventure, but I have confidence that I can do it and it will look fabulous! Someday I will post a picture.

Posted by Mel at 8:33 PM

|