Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year

My blog totally 'rip van winkle'd it's way past the holidays. Hope yours went well. I'm not promising that it won't fall back asleep for another hundred years, but this being the time of year to make resolutions, why not resolve to share a post at least once a week? And while we're at it, maybe I should plan on losing 50 lbs before the year is over? And if I'm going to do that, maybe I should take that plunge into looking for a 'love connection'. Then again, maybe I should take a cue from my friend F. He resolves to drink more beer this year. He figures if he's going to make a resolve, he might as well make it as attainable and stress free as possible. He may have a point, but I swear I'm going to crack open that exercise video I bought before thanksgiving and use it at least once!

BTW, the above picture contains actual finished objects. The left is my handywork and on the right, a fabulous gift made for me by the fabulous, Lucy. Both are made from a pattern in a book that Jess Hutchinson published awhile back. I don't think it's available anymore, but all the patterns in it are super-cute. The dress has a crochet picot edge on it. I am a total amateur when it comes to crochet, the edging was so much fun to do, I might have to find more projects that could benefit from that sort of trimming. Lucy added knee socks and mary janes to her doll. Don't you love it?

The last 2 months are a blur. Do you know I actually had nightmares 2 Monday nights in a row after Christmas shopping at the mall? It's true. I think I try a little too hard to find the right gift. Next year, everyone gets fruitcake and marble magnets!

Some of the super-cool and talented International Knitting Circle members had a gift exchange and here's my contribution.

It's a quilted tote bag. It turned out rather large, but manageable. Plenty of pockets and I sewed a line across some of the narrow ones for storage of dpns, or pens. I really liked the fabric, which I picked up, along with the pattern, at Zoe's Trunk in Chandler.

I just received some gorgeous yarn tonight from Jazz. It's going to make a great hat or headband. I am not sure which yet. I can't show you a picture because I sent my camera off for repair today. Bad CCD sensor. I have no idea what that is, but I know that it made all my outdoor pictures have color distortion and horizontal lines. Just trust me on the yarn - it's handspun, and it's beautiful! If I'm lucky, I'll have my camera back before I finish knitting with it and you can see the FO. That is... if the blog doesn't go back to sleep for too long.

Posted by Mel at 8:39 PM

|