Thursday, March 29, 2007

There might be something in the Water

There seems to be a serious bumper-crop of babies being born to people I know in the last year. Not that I'm complaining. I love to knit for the little ones and enjoy getting to hold them and watch their cute little baby expressions. My little sister is due next month and I already have a blanket ready for the little guy

Here's a closeup of the stitch pattern, which was found here.

I used 4 balls of Plymouth Encore plus a leftover ball from a baby blanket previously made. I striped the edge to keep from having to crack open a 5th ball of Encore. Is used leftovers from a blanket I made for the older child in the family. Kind of a segue from one kid to the next.

And, no baby should be without his Baby Bobbi Bear, so that is near the top of my queue.

I also recently made a pair of these super cute ballet slippers from the winter issue of Knitty. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures before I gifted them. They were so fun to make that I just started another pair for my neice.

Posted by Mel at 9:37 PM

|