Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Little By Little

The booties are almost done... One cuff down, one to go.





I wanted to re-create the bunny faces, but I was told by a couple of people that I was acting like a perfectionist and I should let them be. So I'm going to let them be. I guess we are always our own worst critics.

I found out that my friend Laura is coming to visit in a couple of weeks. This is the friend for whom I was making a baby blanket last summer. Well, I made this hat for her baby and a scarf to match. They turned out great and, of course, I never sent them off. I still have her Christmas gift too. Oh, and a birthday card too. Good thing she's coming to visit or she might not have gotten this stuff until next year! (I'm lucky to have friends who are willing to forgive my shortcomings).

In a roundabout way, this puts pressure on me to finish those Manos throw pillows, too. They are intended for a mutual friend of ours who lives in the same general area as Laura. I'd like to get them done this coming weekend. I should be devoting the majority of my free time to cleaning my house and getting a garage sale pile together. But - let's face it. Knitting is addictive and way more fun than trying to decide if someone would potentially buy my old PDA at a garage sale. I must balance my cleaning with the reward of knitting a few rows.

Posted by Mel at 9:41 PM

|