Monday, November 07, 2005

They Almost Fit


I guess the buddy booties almost fit already, at one month old. Please note that this baby is already communicating with everyone. See his 'Peace Out' hand signal? We're thinking he's probably a genius.

I made some booties for myself. And I followed someone else's pattern and I felted them, and they came out to be exactly the right size for my feet. You're not going to believe me when I say this, but I even checked my gauge before I started. So it looks like maybe the whole checking gauge can work to one's advantage. My legs are not ready for the internet, so I got Murphy to model them.

OK, here's a better view of the final product. Made with Harrisville Designs Orchid Line yarn (mohair, wool, silk blend) from a pattern in the Knit One, Felt Too book.
They're really comfy...

Posted by Mel at 2:32 PM

|