Blah Blag Blog
I've been having blog block lately. So much going on in my life right now, but somehow it hasn't seemed blog-worthy. Before I get into that, let's all wish Steve (aka Mr L.G., Foxbot King wannabe) a happy birthday. Thanks for learning to knit and bringing the Testosterone to our gatherings. Click on the link and see the great photographs and knitted goods that he creates!
I've been doing some little knitting projects. I made myself a felted bag out of Noro Kureyon and a simple, free form hat for myself out of the stuff I didn't use for the bag. Perhaps I will someday get off my duff and take some photos. Or maybe you will see me someday and I will be wearing the hat. I like the hat. It's pretty air-y which is alright for this climate. It's only been in the high 40's at night. I like having a hat when walking the dog.
Speaking of the dog. I hope you will all indulge me while I post a few photos of Murphy. When he came into my life back in September I promised Kim that I would put up some photos every once in a while so she could see how he was doing.
He has been such a great companion. When he first got here, he was pretty unsure of where he fit into the house and earned the nickname of 'Murphy the Menace'. So I invested in some obedience training. It has made such a difference. I learned how to be more of a Leader and Murphy learned that it is not ok to cross the street without permission. Or help himself to whatever it is I'm eating. He loves to hang out on the coffee shop patio with me. Little kids love to come over an pet him and he just eats up the attention.
His hair is really curly and as it is growing back in, he has this little patch on top of his head that sticks straight up. Just like Alfalfa, from the Little Rascals. Can you see it in the photograph? I think he's been trying to sing "The Barber of Seville", too.
Myriah, the other dog, has been showing signs of old age. On New Year's Day, she had some sort of seizure and began having trouble seeing. She has cataracts in both eyes and it looks like she cannot see at all. She's finding her way around now, but I was pretty worried about her for a while. It seems that the seizure was caused by liver problems but an ultrasound didn't turn up any evidence. So it's all a big mystery. But the important thing is that she is adjusting to her eyesight issues.
Well, for someone who didn't think I had anything to blog about, I have written a bunch. I'll save the rest for later. It's almost time for another completed project photograph...
Posted by Mel at 6:06 PM
