Fur-Free Post
*no animals were exploited in the creation of this post.
I finished this...

And have fallen into a state of yarn-overwhelm-ment. (Yeah. It's not a real word but I think you know what I mean.) I have too much yarn and no idea what to do with it. I need to start sticking to a budget which means that I need to make stuff from my existing stash whenever possible. So I promptly went out and bought some yarn to make a baby shower gift. Fate let me know that this was not the best idea. Observe...
Ball & Swatch used to be the same color. I somehow picked up this yarn thinking it was machine washable and dryer-safe. I 'swear' I looked at the label and it was, but when I picked it up to start swatching, I realized I was wrong. It's Cotton, so how wrong can it be to put it in the washer/dryer? That swatch will tell you. I bet it lost half of it's color in the process. It might have shrunk a little too. So I will not be using it for a baby gift. I'm sure a new mom doesn't want to be handwashing presents from casual acquaintances. So if anyone has some good ideas for 4-50g balls of dk weight yarn in pastel colors, I'm all ears. I guess I will dig a little deeper into my stash for that baby project. But I just don't have the urge to start anything right now. I can't believe it! Maybe I just have too many ideas and things I want to make and can't narrow it down. Perhaps it's time to make a list... Or just turn this into a pet blog....PS. As you can see in the above picture - I have converted the 'holiday' tree to celebrate Valentines-Day, thank you Target-Dollar-Section!
Posted by Mel at 9:53 PM
