Sunday, July 10, 2005

I Was ROAK'd!

And not with Yarn... I'm actually not in that group. Someone paid for my dinner last night.

On my way to meet some friends last night, I stopped for dinner at a small restaurant. Dining alone, I brough a book to read (A Long Way Down, by Nick Hornby. Very good, BTW). I noticed some other solo diners, but I didn't really feel like meeting new people, so I kept to myself and enjoyed my book. When I went to pay my bill, the waitress informed me that one of the other "solos" had paid for my meal. He never spoke to me, we never made eye contact. He just paid for my dinner. So Mister, wherever you are, thanks for the random act of kindness! I think I will take my leftover dinner money and donate to Knitters Without Borders. You know -- Pay it forward!

Posted by Mel at 5:07 PM

|