Again?!

Yes, another Bobbie Bear! This is #3 of the Baby variety. #4 of Bobbie bears, in general. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the bear and the young people in my family seem to like them, so I keep making them. This one is in transit to the Detroit area as we speak to help my 12 YO neice celebrate her b-day.
I still remember the day E was born. I was at work when I got the call that she had arrived, but that she was being transferred to the Children's Hospital NICU because her blood was not being pumped through her lungs. It took about a month for the hospital to get that straightened out. One tense, pins 'n' needles month, but it seems like a drop in the bucket 'o time at this point. We are all so happy that she is happy and healthy and (sorry mom) just a little short hop from being a Teenager! This might be the last year that I have half a shot at picking a gift she will like.
Does anyone remember being 12? I make note of a few things.
1. My best friend was a neighbors dog.
2. I talked my parents into letting us acquire a puppy from a different neighbor. Then she became my best friend.
3. Boys fell into 2 categories: Unapproachable or Obnoxious
4. There was nothing more entertaining than dancing like the Peanuts in the Charlie Brown Christmas special. Do you know the scene I'm talking about? When they're rehearsing for the Pageant?
5. Clothes and their origins became very important.
6. The craft of choice was Latch Hook Rugs. I remember designing a rug with a big "M" on it in Yellow and Orange!
Even then the crafting destiny was obvious! Next on tap, it's back to my sweater.
Posted by Mel at 9:59 PM
