Careful What You Wish For...
Ever since I got sick, I have learned to appreciate the luxury of having a partner. Well, I miss the luxury of having a partner. This is not to discount the luxury of having one's own personal Saint, but the last time I got as sick as I just was, I had a significant-other to take care of me. It's times like these when I miss that.
I believe in Angels and I believe that the universe gives you what you need. This is especially true when you ask. So, I did a little journal writing and told the universe how I am ready to find another mate and the universe answered me with a question.
Always on the lookout for potential bachelors, I have a cache of men in mind, but I would never take that risk of approaching them. The odds don't seem so good to me. I am not a big risk taker. So imagine my surprise when the universe threw one at me and I choked under the pressure.
I was walking out to my car Friday afternoon to go to the Doctor and there was bachelor P, getting in his car at the same off-time. I was singing out loud to myself (but not too loud) because I assumed that I would be the only person in the parking garage at that time. It was too late for lunch, but too early to end the day. As soon as I looked up and saw that man at his car, I got so embarrassed that I couldn't say Hi or even look him in the eye and smile. At the same time I just had to laugh at the humor of the situation. Two questions come to mind. 1.) A test from the universe says, am I as ready for a partner as I say? 2.) Until I can take risks, am I able to move forward? Maybe I am too analytical about it all. Maybe the universe is laughting at me. In any case, I am fascinated by the process...
Knitwise, I went to Jessica's on Sunday to get some yarn for the next Baby Bobbie Bear. I'm using some Rowan DK Cotton, double-stranded. Got to visit with Alison et al during the afternoon and cast-on for it. It was great to see her and her 'Glow'.
Also, I finished the front of the Gansey-tee sweater I'm working on. I'll post pictures soon.
Posted by Mel at 5:16 PM
