No, I Ain't Here to Cause No Trouble....
I'm just posting my mp3 shuffle.

Heather posted this great meme today and I couldn't wait to do it myself. You take your mp3 player and put it in shuffle mode and use the songs that come up as answers to the questions. In order, of course. And no skipping ahead. Believe me I wanted to.
How does the world see you?
Nadine by Frank Black & the Catholics.
Like, who's Nadine? The funny thing is that the first line of the song is "There goes Nadine, head to toe in black". My name means "dressed in black". Coincidence?
Will I have a happy life?
Tongues/Feels Good/Tradewinds/Your Way medley by Pepper
I have no idea what that means... Sounds like a yes.
What do my friends really think of me?
Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
Awww. You like me. You really like me!
Do people secretly lust after me?
You Still Believe in Me by the Beach Boys
Do I have secret Mojo powers I am not aware of?
How can I make myself happy?
You Learn by Alanis Morrisette
I always say "you learn something new, everyday". It didn't occur to me that this was the root of my happiness, is all.
What should I do with my life?
There There (The Boney King of Nowhere) by Radiohead
Do you know that Radiohead songs do not make a lot of literal sense? 2 Lyrics from this song: "Just 'cos you feel it, doesn't mean it's there" and "We are accidents waiting to happen". I'm just skating through life with no direction apparently. And that's the way it should be.
Will I ever have children?
Save it for Later by English Beat
Sounds like a Magic 8 Ball answer to me. How long am I gonna save it? Tick-tock, tick-tock. Running out of eggs...
What is some good advice for me?
Stay Awhile by Edie Brickell
Oh yes. Slow down. Have Patience... That is good advice... Next Question?
How will I be remembered?
Bigger than My Body by John Mayer
Not the legacy I was hoping for, but I like the song.
What is my signature song?
Summer in Paradise by the Beach Boys
Any season in paradise works for me.
What do I think my current theme song is?
Magic by Ben Folds Five
You have no idea how many times per day I wish I had a magic wand.
What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Diamond Road by Sheryl Crow
Does "everyone else" know something I don't? If diamonds are a girls best friend, I need more friends!
What song will play at my funeral?
Inspire by Cave In
Sounds good to me
What type of men/women do I like?
Here Today by the Beach Boys
LOL. Yes, a 'real' man would be nice. My imaginary boyfriend is really getting on my nerves.
*Please note that this is the 3rd Beach Boy song that played in the process of this meme. 20% of my meme is made up of Beach Boy songs. I have a relatively low number of BB songs on my device and I see this pattern all the time where the same artist will come up in the shuffle. I don't understand why it is not more random at selecting songs. Anyone else find this with their players.
What is my day going to be like?
Babylon II by David Gray
That's true. I inherited someone's workload today. As he was training me, he babbled on and on. Ok, not really. I learned a lot and I am sorry to see my co-worker go. He was my Coffee break buddy. Getting coffee by yourself just doesn't hold the same kind of excitement as going with someone else.
That's all there is to it. If you're inspired go ahead and help yourself to the meme.
My knitting is pretty snail-paced right now. I am working on the front of my short sleeved sweater. Just started a scarf (jump start on Christmas, perhaps). And I've agreed to try to knit up a plush microphone. I think it will be pretty simple, although I think crochet would probably look better. We'll see.
Posted by Mel at 1:14 PM
