Tree Down, Project Up
Last night, I took down the holiday tree. Mostly because the dog isn't laying under it anymore. And the fact that I never got around to St Patrick-izing it. The idea started to get a little stale. Plus the parents are coming tomorrow and I was trying to make the house look in a manner that would make them feel like they raised a daughter instead of a wolf, or crazed pack-rat. Even though they know that I've never been the most conventional of people, I still thought it was a good gesture... But now there is a naked corner in my living room that needs to be filled.
In project news... The felted bag is so close to done! I'll probably finish it tonight. I'm very happy with the results. The sweater I was working on, however, has been completely dismantled on account of the dye lots of my yarn were obviously different. Couldn't imagine I'd ever wear it. So now the question is whether I try again, employing a different ball every other row or if I just make something else. It was also stripes which, after working on it a while, I suspect will not be flattering on me. Which means I am in the scary place -- meaning I have nothing on needles and nothing in my mental queue. Suggestions are welcome.
In other news, I'm going to have less fur flying around pretty soon. Check out the
other blog for more info.
Posted by Mel at 12:46 PM
