Monday, May 29, 2006

Three Day Weekends Rock

I don't even remember Friday anymore. That's the great thing about holiday weekends. You can completely block out what was happening at work the week before. I write down what I was working on before I leave, just in case I forget "too much". This particular holiday weekend has been pretty productive, and also relaxing.

Saturday I went to the movies with my book club. We saw DaVinci Code. If you have read the book, I think you will like the movie. I had read the book about 2 years ago, and did not picture Tom Hanks as the Professor. I envisioned more of a Liam Neeson or Ralph Fiennes sort of man. But I thought he did a nice job. Jean Reno (aka, Leon the Professional) was the police cheif, and while I had pictured more of a Peter Lorre type guy for that role, I thought he was a great choice. I love the French accents. Tres Bien.

After the movie I went over to a friends house for swimming and pot-luck. We had chicken, steamed broccoli and asparagus, cucumber salad, and wonderful baked carrots with tahini and ginger. Really delicious.

Then, I took my dog up to the coffee shop for a little saturday night patio socializing. He loves all the attention he gets up there.

Sunday, (this is where I get productive) I cleaned my kitchen, living room, and dining room. I washed all my floors and cleaned the pool. Then my cousin and her husband came over for a little BBQ and swimming (back to relaxing). The water is still a little cold in the pool for swimming but we did it anyway. That's just how wild and crazy we are. The weather was so great for grilling and we ate while watching the Suns lose to the Mavericks.

Today, I slept in. When I woke up I made some coffee and watched "Rosemary's Baby" on cable. It's a little disturbing for 1st thingin the morning because of the subject matter. But I'd never seen the end of it so I couldn't be torn away.

This afternoon I pulled a serious batch of weeds. As usual, I have no idea where they came from. The funniest part about that was that my dog likes to follow me everywhere I go. Well, it was too hot outside, in his opinion. He laid inside the Arcadia door, so he could see me out there, but didn't have to brave the heat. What a loyal fella. I entered him in the Old Navy Mascot Search. I wonder if he will make the finals...

Reading over this post, I realized that I have done quite a lot but none of this involved knitting. I've been working on the 1st sleeve for my Gansey Tee. And the microphone is coming along as well. Should have pictures soon...

For Memorial Day - Thanks to all the service-men and service-women who have put themselves in the line of fire to protect our country. I don't always agree the decisions that our country makes when it comes to putting our troops at risk but I appreciate the sacrifices they make for our country. Today I also pray for the friends and family of anyone who died to protect our freedom. In 1989, I visited the Vietnam War Memorial in Washington DC. For the impression it made on me, it could have been yesterday. It is a powerful thing to see the names of so many that died in service to us. Please know that the fallen are not forgotten.

Posted by Mel at 4:19 PM

|