Saturday, June 24, 2006

Sweatin' it Out


I have a feeling that this photo that I'm posting says more about my photography skills (room for improvement) than it does about my finished object, but hey, at least I have the finished object off my list. I've been working on this gansey tee since February. It's the second garment I have made for myself. It fits (yay) and I plan on wearing it in public and everything!

An alpaca yarn and cotton yarn were used in this pattern. The alpaca is a little scratchy. I'm hoping it will get softer with a wash. Here's a few detail shots of the sleeves and bottom edge.


That strange looking background... Something possessed me to take these photographs in my pool. It's in the middle of a remodel and I was taking some progress pictures at the same time as I took these shots. Are you as fascinated with the jackhammered concrete as I am? My dog is in the background, supervising. He won't even get in the pool with me when it's empty.

I have a few ideas for next projects, but I am trying to only use my stash right now and I'm fighting with myself to make do with what's in there. It doesn't help that the Fiber Factory is having a good sale next week either...

Posted by Mel at 1:17 PM

|