Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Part 2 - Hanging with the Gals

During my visit to Detroit, my sisters and I got to take our Mom out for a special birthday dinner. My sisters put a scrapbook together with pictures of us and the grandkids (and the grandpups and grandkitties, in my case). And I made this.


It's the 'Retro Tote', found on the Joann website. I hadn't used my sewing machine since who knows how long ago. A year maybe? There was no problem with the machine, but I made a few mistakes cutting the fabric and interfacing. I had to sew a few extra seams, if you know what I mean. But all in all, I would make this bag again. It would be a great beach tote, if you made it from a vinyl. Just a thought.

I think my mom was happy with her gifts and the scrapbook made her tear-up a little bit. It was fun for us all to look at it because there were pictures that I had not seen before. I'm a little sentimental and love to take that hike down memory lane.

Next time - the people you meet on a plane.

Posted by Mel at 11:54 PM

|