Thursday, May 24, 2007

Flashin' back to April

Earth Day was celebrated on April 22 this year and in it's honor a couple of friends and I went down to the Trunk Space in Phoenix and participated in Swaporama. I forgot to take my camera, so you'll have to take my word for it on what a spectacle it was. Imagine 250 sq ft of donated clothing in a pile for you to sift through and transform. It was interesting, to say the least. My friends were exploding with ideas. I really wish I had my brought my camera. They made some cool stuff. It was also cool to watch someone take one of your old pieces of clothing and transform it. I don't easily let go of my old stuff, so it was a little hard, but once I saw the transformation, I knew I did the right thing. Watching other peoples ideas come to life was inspiring.

Here is my one and only transformation:



This used to be a plus size hawaiian shirt. It took me a while to come up with a plan, but I liked the print on the fabric and decided it would make a cute skirt. I left the shirt finising on the bottom, so it swoops up a little on the sides.


What's that in my hand you ask? It's a swap gift from Jazz. It's a beautiful organic cotton. And check out the lining...
Looks like avocados. I love it.

Posted by Mel at 9:30 AM

|