Mama-IKEA!
On the way home from work tonight I decided that it was time to take the plunge. Everyone else is doing it, so there must be a reason to check it out.
I deviated from my regular route home and stopped at Ikea. Some of my family live in the Seattle area so I was familiar with the charms of this store, and I have visited a store in CA and NJ. But I don't deal well with crowds, so I've been postponing my visit to our new Tempe location until the crowds died down. But, when you're trying to re-organize all your stuff, it crosses ones mind that purchasing some new storage units, etc. might come in handy.
Going on a week night, it wasn't crowded at all. I don't really recommend going alone, though. It's best to bring along a sensible friend who will help keep you from being too impulsive. That being said, I did spend a little more than I had planned, but I was able to bypass a lot of things too. I think I was partly motivated by the fact that I would have to put everything together. So I got a couple of plastic dining chairs, a tv stand, area rug, and rolling file stand.
I put the chairs together tonight while talking on the phone. I tested them out and they didn't collapse under me, so I think they're going to work out. Here they are at the kitchen table:

I have some friends coming to visit next week and I only had 2 chairs. Now I have 4! I know they don't match exactly, but I've never been one to buy matching anything. Tomorrow I tackle the TV stand!
Posted by Mel at 10:10 PM
