Is There a Rip in the Space/Time Continuum?
How is that it is already Sunday night? Where did the weekend go? It's been pretty busy.
I've made a little progress on the baby blanket, but haved slipped on my goal of 20 rows per week. Good thing I put a little slack time in my mental project plan. I'm also finishing up the Little Hush bag. I spent a little time this afternoon hunting down the "non-yarn" elements needed to finish it up. That was kind of fun, because the purse calls for clear plastic tubing for the handle. I had to purchase it at Lowes. I will post pictures after it's done. If it looks like crap, I can always sell it at the Garage sale I keep threatening to have. I also went out and purchased some needles for the Bobbi Bear. I couldn't be too selective, as I spent a great deal of time hunting the right size needles down this week and could find them nowhere but the Fiber Factory. I ended up getting Addi Turbos and some bamboo double points. The needles cost almost as much as the yarn. I hope that I can find a use for them in the future...
Besides the knitting, I've been bopping around - working and socializing.
Wednesday - Went to Martini Ranch to see the Kings of Leon with Pam. It was fun, but the place isn't set up for maximum people watching. However, I did decide that my current taste in men is tending towards the basic t-shirt and jeans look. I'm over the Metro-sexual thing. The lead singer of the band made a comment that they had spend a LOT of money here in Phoenix. Pam and I couldn't quite figure out what they spent the money on, but speculate that it fell into 1 of 3 basic "Rock Star" categories. Ass, Gas, or Grass. Possibly all 3.
Thursday - Hung out at my friend Crystal's apartment. Crystal is an artist and has been trying to sell this painting to a guy that she met. Well, the deal fell through and she had the piece hanging up in her kitchen. I had not seen it before and I think I've fallen in love with it. I'm going to have to decide if this is too frivilous to spend a bunch of money on an original art work. It would look great in my current living room. Only problem is, I'm planning on moving.
Friday - Went for Thai food with Pam and Eva. Afterwards we headed over to the season ending game for Camelback Rugby. It was a lot of fun. I actually got to watch some of the game this time (since I left my dog at home) and its possible that I am starting to understand what is happening on the field.
Saturday - Made myself a huge to-do list and made some good progress on it. Went to see "Fever Pitch" with my Cousin in the evening. My opinion - It moves at the pace of a Baseball game, so if you like baseball, you'll probably like the movie. It had it's funny moments, but it won't be in my top 10 list of great movies of 2005. My cousin's husband thought it was good...
Afterwards we played this really fun game called "Scene It".
Sunday - I did a lot of running around and pulling weeds. Hopefully I won't be too sore tomorrow. I'm starting Tennis lessons through Chandler Parks & Rec. Why, you ask yourself? I signed up on a whim. It's only 4 weeks, so I figured I could handle that.
I'm also working on a list of things about me. It should be ready for posting later this week.
Posted by Mel at 7:14 PM
