Never-Ending Excitement
Someone backed into my car today. I have no idea if it was my fault or not, but now there is a huge dent in my bumper. I think it is easily fixed, but I need a person with stronger arms than me to help out. I know this because this isn't the first time this has happened to me. Maybe it goes with the territory of being a clutz. It's too bad that this happened after my parents left town...
Speaking of my Parents - we had a great visit. There was a lot of fixing of things around the house going on while I was at work. It was kinda cool to come home and have a new gate, for instance. All I can say is that I feel very fortunate to have such a supportive family. I got them to take a few breaks so that they could enjoy some of the things Phoenix has to offer. My parents love Square and Round dancing. We couldn't find a dance in town that fit their schedule, but I remembered that Mama Java has a Bluegrass Jam on Sunday night. So we went down and checked it out. We also checked out Organ Stop Pizza in Mesa. They have the most incredible Organ there that has over 1,000 pieces that are mounted all over the inside of the restaurant. It appeals mostly to toddlers and seniors, but I think it's pretty cool too.
Yesterday I went to Rugby in the afternoon. Along with the usual spectators (Kim and her kids, Kim's friends, and Pam) were Brooke, Jack and my friend Crystal (who's re-learning how to knit). It's always a good time watching the guys running and tackling each other. A male friend of mine pointed out that this just might be the female equivalent to men watching 'girls jumping on trampolines' - a staple on 'The Man Show' (and something I could not appreciate from a female perspective).
At night there was a party for my friend who just returned from Iraq.

There was a delicious cake and Derek and his son Jonathan teamed up to blow out the candles on top of it. There were lots of people at the party that I hadn't seen in a long time. We had a good time catching up with each other. Of course, the best part was playing basketball with Jonathan, who is one of the tallest 2 year olds I've ever met.
Today, I've been shopping for new shoes and birthday gifts for my niece. I had to make myself a task list for today because there was so much to do. And posting to my blog was part of my list, so I'm actually getting stuff done, right now!
Knitting is on the list, too, but it has a low priority, since I got a few rows done yesterday. So there's not much to discuss in the realm of progress, except that the baby blanket is a little over a third completed. I'll post some progress pictures soon.
Posted by Mel at 6:07 PM
