Guess Not...
I arrived a little late to the SnB meetup tonight (well, 1 1/2 hours late...), but I got a little quality knittin' time in with Jen, Becky and Eva. My friends Forrest and Anna had some other stuff to do, so didn't make it. I guess I shouldn't get too excited about new knitters until they actually have needles in hand...
My fellow knitters helped me figure out why I keep getting this little abrasion on my left ring finger. I knew that it must be from my finger rubbing against the yarn, but it's not one of the fingers I use to hold my yarn, so I couldn't figure it out on my own. I am curling that finger in under my work and so I am basically getting a 'rope burn' from working with an acrylic blend yarn (75% acrylic, 25% wool). My hands are turning into yarn snobs! I'm thinking I might have to wear a thimble or band-aid on that finger to control the damage. If anyone reading this has any suggestions, I would love to hear them. I wonder if I hold my hand differently because I'm left handed. I curl my hand inward when I write, so maybe I use that same curled angle during knitting. Anyway, thanks Jen, Becky and Eva for helping me figure it out.
Posted by Mel at 10:05 PM
