Yes Sir, Three Bags Full!
This picture doesn't do justice to the jungle popping up in my back yard!
I spent a few hours taming the growth in part of the back yard and reaped 3 lawn bags full of weeds! Nice huh? I didn't even get to the sides of the house. I bet I'll get another 4-5 bags from there. Yeah, need to work on the green thumb and see if I can grow something beneficial, like flowers or vegetables. 
And man, are my legs sore from all the bending over to pull weeds. I'm walking around my office at turtle speed, taking very deliberate steps, trying to stretch out the hamstrings. I feel like such a wimp compared to some of my friends who are doing things like training for the Breast Cancer 3-Day and half-marathons. These people rock!
I haven't gotten much accomplished on the knit projects. My parents arrive tomorrow for a week's visit, so I've been concentrating on making the house presentable. I'm going to miss hanging out with my knitting pals during that time. I'm also going to miss a Happy Hour for a co-worker who's last day is Friday. But I'll get to spend some quality time with my parents and since they live in Michigan, I don't get to see them that often, so I will enjoy it.
One last thing - I cast on for a felted beret. It's a very belated Christmas gift. I double-checked today on the design that the recipient wants and it isn't really a beret at all, but more of a knit version of the 'Mao' hat. My friend Anne, brought me one of these hats from China back in 1989 and I wish I knew where it was. It is sort of like a pill box hat with a brim. I hope I can find a pattern for this hat as I plan on felting it and that could be scary if I'm winging it....
Posted by Mel at 9:04 PM
