Monday, April 18, 2005

Keeping My Arm Straight

Tonight was the first of 4 Beginner Tennis lessons for me. I had so much fun!
I've had a tennis racket for a long time and every once in awhile I'll head over to the court to play, but I haven't taken lessons since I was 12. That's given me a really long time to forget what I learned. So if the tennis balls stay in my court area for an entire game, it's considered a miracle. I'm hoping that this class will help me learn to be less reactionary. Well... it looks like the key is going to be a couple of things. Relaxing, and keeping my arm straight when swinging the racket. I think the instructor told me that about a hundred times. It looks like I will be the 'challenging' student (there's one in every class, right?) But I learned several things tonight and I think my arms will be sore tomorrow, which means I got a decent amount of exercise (yay!).

Chandler has a really great tennis facilty. You can even rent a court with a ball machine on it, if you're so inclined.

Posted by Mel at 10:30 PM

|