Monday, July 25, 2005

The Show is Super!

I had the opportunity to check out the knitting installation at the ASU Art Museum this weekend. As the post heading implies, I really enjoyed it. Not only are the Superhero outfits amazing and creative, but there are also some amazing embroidery and cartoons and photographs. I hope everyone has a chance to get over there to see it. It's there until September 3rd.

The rest of the museum is really nice too. I always forget how much I enjoy art museums until I go. Then I can't figure out why I don't make more time to go there, since it's so enjoyable. There is a sculpture there that is an Abacus with wooden people instead of beads. I couldn't help it... I had to touch! I got a little talking to about 'not touching the art'. But if your not supposed to touch, why do they make it so textured that you want to touch it?! OK, I'm sorry I touched the art :-( It won't happen again...

Posted by Mel at 8:12 PM

|