Spending Some Cash
My yarn stash is nothing to drool over. There's a lot of acrylic in there, namely LionBrand Homespun and Jiffy. There's a few other things in there that are nice, by my standards, but for the most part I try to keep my yarn budget in check. For instance, if it would cost me more to make it than buy a similar item at the store, I usually lose interest in knitting said item. Something in my taste is changing...
I went to the Phoenix Farmers Market Saturday. I didn't even realize there was a farmer's market until last weekend, when some of us knitters met a lady who sells handspun yarn there. Yeah-- it's really hot. But there was yarn for sale, so I had to go take a look.
I spent some cash on this Acrylic/Wool/Mohoir combo.

The plan for this lovely yarn is a little something for my friend Jazz. We're doing to do a knitted gift exchange. I've got a plan, but I may change my mind. I guess we'll all be surprised when I post the final product.
The colors are so funky. I love it!
The thing that I really went to see and felt compelled to spend some serious dough on -- The Navaho Churro Wool
Isn't it beautiful? 229 yards of handspun gorgeousness!I have not decided what I will use this yarn for. I think it's very special yarn, so it needs to be used for a special project. Probably something for Me.
In case you were wondering why the quality of the photos in todays post are so much better than usual, its because Stephen Hartley, a real photographer, was kind enough to take these pictures for me. Thanks Steve!
Today I headed up to Jessica's to check out some of the yarns that I heard were on sale. I'm planning on making a sweater vest with Jaeger Luxury Tweed and it was on sale for 30% off. I was going to use a substiture yarn, because of my frugal nature, but at that price, the yarn was downright affordable. So I spent some major $$ on yarn this weekend. I guess my future is filled with a lot of Ramen noodle dinners to off-set the budget...
Posted by Mel at 10:57 AM
