Saturday, February 18, 2006

Who Knew?

Today I learned that once you paint the concrete foundation of your house it is a very messy, smelly and expensive undertaking to cover it with tile. I wish someone would have mentioned that to me when I decided to do that several years ago.


Now that concrete is looking pretty ratty. It either needs to be repainted or covered. Because of the small petting-zoo I am currently housing, the only covering that makes any sort of sense is carpet. I'm thinking about doing that, but it seems like the trend is going away from carpet. Today I picked a carpet that I think I will lay in the bedrooms. But I was really hoping to tile the rest of the house. As it stands, only the Kitchen can be tiled. Maybe I should just take all my scrap yarn and knit the ugliest carpet anyone has ever seen. How 'bout a floor covering made compeletly out of Bernat Disco? It would probably be a real pain to clean, but think of all those free balls of it floating around from that crochet promotion they did back in the fall? I'm totally daydreaming about this now.

If I'm going to daydream, maybe I should think about how I could demolish the whole house and build a new one if I win the Lottery tonight. $365 million, bay-bee!

Posted by Mel at 5:00 PM

|