Sunday, June 17, 2007

May was busy...

Now that we're more than half way through June, I can post about last month. There was a lot of travel happening for me there for a while...

I visited some friends in the New York/New Jersey area. Here's a pic from our trip to Jones Beach.


The beach was actually closed off with snow fence but the sand had blown against the fence so there was a nice hill over which to climb and walk to the ocean. It was beautiful and I was so glad we had the opportunity to stop by.

Then there was the D'back Stitch n' Pitch event. What a fun group of people! I saw people I hadn't seen in a while and got to hang out with my favorite knitters.

I also visited some family in Missouri and Michigan. My nieces treated the family to a nice concert featuring songs from Hannah Montana. Spending time with everyone was so nice. Having spent so much time in the air, I got some quality time with my book-club book ("Going Back to Bisbee" by Richard Shelton) and finished it before the meeting. (For me that is an accomplishment). I also finished a ballet tee (Picture later), and this:


It's a felted bag that I designed to hold my Nintendo DS Lite, but I think it would make a nice bag-ette as well. Its made with Malabrigo Wool and has a snap enclosure. For the first time, I took notes as I was working so I may actually submit this pattern to an online magazine.

Posted by Mel at 6:01 PM

|