Hey! Show Us Your Pecs!

You know what? We didn't even have to ask. Saturday was pectoral exposition day!
Kim extended an invitation to go watch her husbands team compete in a Rugby match (with some knitting on the side). Hmmm... lots of guys running and tackling each other, some potentially cute and single? How can I say no? Pam couldn't pass it up either. In fact, Thanks to Pam for letting me post her photos. (I didn't think to bring my camera).
It was perfect weather while the matches were going (it turned ugly as we were pulling away from the park). I decided to bring my little dog along with me, since she doesn't get out much. Myriah, has this habit of distancing herself from me when we're out in public (ie. extending her leash and laying in the grass about 3 ft away from me). She's so small that people didn't know she was there, so she almost got stepped on a few times (oops)! Gemma (Kim's DD) was very hospitable with Myriah. Don't they make a cute pair?

We took several walks along the side of the field with Gemma holding the leash.
But most importantly - do you know what rugby players do when they're on the sidelines? They take off their shirts! And you know what? They look pretty good with their shirts off! (Not to be too sexist, but cmon!) I still have no idea how the game is played except for the running toward the goal-line part. It was interesting to watch the parts of the game that I did. Jonny (Kim's DH) tells me that the 'Dummies' publisher makes a 'Rugby For Dummies' book, but I don't know if I need that much info. Pam found a site that looks like it explains it well enough for me. Knit-wise, I got pretty close to finishing my hat and I produced a few rows on a blanket. But I'd have to say the guy watching part was the most fun, followed closely by walking with Gemma and the dog.
Posted by Mel at 8:01 AM
