Monday, April 25, 2005

Podcasting, etc.

I spent a lot of time by myself this weekend. This is a great achievement for me because I've had a tendency to just be flitting from event to event for the last few months. I don't often take time to enjoy the pleasure of my own company. So this weekend I did. And I even have a FO to report. That little Berroco bag is done. I bought a button at the Fiber Factory this weekend and finished it off. And just in time for Mother's day! How convenient that I was making it for my Mother. I have a picture that should be included in this post, only I haven't the patience to upload the pics to Photobucket. But I promise I will very soon.

My cousin turned me onto Podcasting this past weekend. I thought it was just for people with IPods but it works with any MP3 player. A basic explanation of Podcasting is that it is internet radio, but you can download shows to your portable device and listen to them at your leisure. So, of course the first thing I did after downloading the ipodder software was look for a podcast on knitting. And it didn't take long to find one. It is hosted by Marie Irshad who has a lovely Welsh (?) accent. And she has had some wonderful guests so far, including Lily Chin and Wendy from WendyKnits. It sounds kind of weird to listen to conversations about knitting without actually watching the process, but I assure you that it is very entertaining. I learned a lot and even found some new pattern resources. I'm digging it!

Posted by Mel at 10:19 PM

|