Heads Up!

So the Bear has a head and some stuffings. I am probably going to tweak with the stuffing until it has just the "right" shape. But I'm pretty happy with it's look so far.
It's been a busy week of saying Hello and Goodbye to many.
Hello to my potential new Realtor. I'm getting closer to selling my place and getting a new one.
Hello (and welcome back, and congratulations) to my friend Anna, who just graduated from NAU and is moving back to Phoenix.
Hello to Scottsdale Artwalk. It was my first trip to this Thursday night shindig and I had a blast. I went to a Gallery opening where there was a lot of metaphorical modern art going on. Fortunately for me, the artists posted summaries of their works that told about the message they were conveying with their work. I hate to say it, but sometimes I am little slow to pick up on subtleties of art. But once I KNEW what the pieces were about, I appreciated them a lot more. It was a really insightful experience. For instance, check this guy out. He used a garden hoe to make an 8ft wide path through a field on his family's farm in the shape of a single family home floor plan. (It took him 3 months, BTW). His family is selling their land to make way for a subdivision development. His work makes a strong statement. But if I hadn't stopped to read, I would have thought the guy was taking a picture of a crop circle. This is what I mean about being a little slow off the metaphorical mark...
Goodbye to my Parent's cat, D.C. who lived a long and adventurous life.
Goodbye (So Long, really) to Illanna, who went back to NYC for the summer. I'm going to miss seeing her projects in person. At least we can still keep up with her doings via the blogiverse.
And finally the best goodbye... to a bunch of my old stuff that I wasn't using anymore. I had my very first Garage sale today! It was invigorating! People were actually willing to pay for the stuff that I didn't want anymore. Not willing to pay very much, mind you, but I got a few $$ in my pocket and I have a little more room to move around now. Anything that didn't sell, went to Savers. Tomorrow, I start packing the stuff away that I don't use on a daily or weekly basis to make the house look bigger.
Stay tuned for more bear appendages. (Perhaps the next posting will be called "Up in Arms"?)
Posted by Mel at 3:30 PM
