It's Me, Again
Would you believe that I think of post topics nearly everyday and yet they never make it to the actual blog? It's a shame, but at least I haven't forgotten about blogging altogether. So if anyone still has me marked in their Bloglines, or still checks to see if I'm still around, I say hello to you. I've been knitting a little and being crafty in my spare time.
I also just had my house fixed up and painted. I'm very pleased with the results.

I received the greatest knitting book e-v-e-r as a gift. It has the most hilarious patterns for knitting dolls that sort-of resemble famous people. This is supposed to look like Gandhi.

I think it also holds a little likeness to George Costanza even though he's kind of the opposite of Gandhi. These dolls are so fun to make! I'm working on another one right now as a gift so I can't tell you too much about it.
I also made this hand bag for my neice. When I was home at Christmas, we went to the Quilt shop by my Mom's house and she asked if she could pick out some fabric and have me make something for her out of it. She picked out a couple of really pretty fat quarters and this is what I came up with.

I just made up my own pattern based on some other bags I've made in the past and looking at some Craftster tutorials. It just made it's way to the recipient and she is thrilled with it. Her older sister is a little envious so maybe I can make another one for her. I've already started to review what's in my stash for it. Now, if I could just remember what I did the first time around.
Well, that's all for now. I hope to post more soon. Two weeks to the Maryland Sheep & Wool festival that I will attend with Saint Pam! I can't wait to see Pam & Lucy and their new digs.
Posted by Mel at 2:23 PM
