Friday, August 01, 2008

Summer in 1000 words or less

It's been a long time so it's no surprise that a lot has happened since the previous post. It would be overly ambitious to try to encapsulate it all in 1 post, so I'll just try to cover the highlights.

The last time I posted, was just before my trip to visit St Pam and go to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. What a blast! We thought we'd be cool and get there a little (fashionably) late. What we found out was that if you decide to get there a little late, you can add an hour on to when you will actually arrive. It was crowded! That helped me spend less money though because waiting in long lines makes me re-evaluate whether I really need something or not. We got to hang out with Eva and her SnB DC friends. We brought Gordon, the traveling duck along and he enjoyed meeting some of the sheep.


I bought a spindle and some fiber to learn how to spin. Also got a nice deal on some Noro Kochoran. I plan to make a big fuzzy sweater that can be used for those times when I go to places where they actually experience winter, like Michigan and Colorado (my new 2nd home).

Speaking of Colorado... my friend Stacey hooked me up with a group of her friends that take an annual trip to Crested Butte over the 4th of July. We did some mountain biking, and other summer-camp-like activities. I learned to play Texas Hold-em and played frisbee in the dark and attempted the hula hoop, participated in a monumental water fight. There was also a costume party on the last night. The theme - 70's TV show characters. My costume...
Won first prize. Yay! It was so much fun to put together.

Here is the real reason for the trip:

Cannot get enough of this view. It was the best vacation I've ever had and I hope I can afford to join the group again next year.

Posted by Mel at 9:17 AM

|