A Testament to Knitting for Others
When you make something...

and you get a reaction like this from the recipient...

It makes you want to knit one for everyone you know... If only I had the time!
Pattern: Albert Einstein From the book Knitted Icons
Yarn: Some dk cotton in an ivory color. I can't remember, but it's not crucial to the project to use a specific yarn, anyway.
The sweater is knit with yarn that the recipient was giving away. She received it from her Grandmother's stash and had to part with it to make room for someone more important than yarn. I was happy to give some of it back to her because I think it's cool when you make something that includes a little piece of that persons life.
I deviated from the pattern to make the hair. I free form crocheted this crazy mullet-looking 'wig' with the sweater yarn and some white furry yarn held together, then loosely sewed it to the head so that it had a little movement to it. This is not to say that Einstein was the originator of the mullet hairstyle. It speaks more to my inability to turn my vision into reality. Still, I think it resembles what I was going for.
Fun factor: Through the roof! No surprise there. Love my dolls!
Will I make another?: Definitely, sort of! Planning on making the Marilyn Monroe from the same book.
"Al" is enjoying his new home and his new friend Henry. His parents are over the moon and why shouldn't they be? He is just perfect.
Posted by Mel at 10:22 AM
